Annotation Type PendingFeature
@Beta @Retention(RUNTIME) @Target(METHOD) public @interface PendingFeatureIndicates that the feature is not fully implemented yet and should not be reported as error.
The use case is to annotate tests that can not yet run but should already be committed. The main difference to
Ignoreis that the test are executed, but test failures are ignored. If the test passes without an error, then it will be reported as failure since the
PendingFeatureannotation should be removed. This way the tests will become part of the normal tests instead of being ignored forever.
Groovy has the
groovy.transform.NotYetImplementedannotation which is similar but behaves a differently.
- it will mark failing tests as passed
- if at least one iteration of a data-driven test passes it will be reported as error
- it will mark failing tests as skipped
- if at least one iteration of a data-driven test fails it will be reported as skipped
- if every iteration of a data-driven test passes it will be reported as error
String reasonThe reason why this feature is pending
- reason why this feature is pending